Sunday 22 January 2017

Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt

I've finished my Tula Pink City Sampler quilt!!!


This quilt was made using the 100 6" quilt blocks made during last year's 100 days 100 blocks sew along.  I used all Tula Pink prints from her Acacia, Elizabeth, Eden, Moonshine, Foxfield, True Colors and Slow & Steady collections. I'm still surprised that I managed to sew and post a block a day for 100 days without messing up!


It's the biggest quilt I have made to date and I quilted it on my tiny machine so I went for a simple all-over stipple. For the backing I used Tula Pink's Free Fall wide backing in Sky.  I love how well it coordinates with the different collections (for example, there are olive greens in Acacia, Moonshine, Elizabeth and Slow & Steady).


My little man offered to perform the User Acceptance Testing and gave it a big thumbs up.


It's also my first finish for 2017 and one of my 2017 finish-a-long quarter 1 goals. I can tell it will be a family favourite for a long time to come.

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Kat, I love this! I really think your "tester" is adorable. PS; I wish you were on Bloglovin to make it easier to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loverly!!! High compliments from my vocabulary!! Thank you for participating in the FAL - on behalf of the 2017 Global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete