Sunday 22 January 2017

Sunday Stash 22/01/2017

This week's Sunday Stash share is a lovely pile of quilty inspiration books that I ordered from Connecting Threads in their current book sale.


I picked up copies of Emma Jansen's By the Bundle, Jacqui Gering's Walk and Amy Gibson's The Quilt Block Cookbook. I also had to throw in some fabric to qualify for free shipping (a crying shame. I know), but I'll save those purchases for another week :)

The first book off the 'to be read' pile will be Amy Gibson's The Quilt Block Cookbook. I'm a bit late to the party but I'm planning to join in the Cookbook Quilt Along.


Let's hope that my quilt block cooking skills are better than my food cooking skills and I end up making something tasty without setting the kitchen on fire!

Kat

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    I have seen so many mentions of this book over on instagram, will really look forward to hearing what you think of the book & if it is worth adding to my quilty library. Happy cooking! fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book. I love it and have already made my first block from it. Made it nine times and made a small quilt top from it. It's a pretty awesome book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your acquisitions! There seems to be some really cool blocks so far using all sorts of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to hear what you think about the Cookbook and the Bundle book. I've considered buying both. I did Amy Gibson's Sugar Block Club last year and really enjoyed it, and I need outlets for all the fabric bundles I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection of books! They all look like they have wonderful information in them, and I am especially intrigued by Jacquie's new book, Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see this book in use, it just looks wonderful. I know I want a copy for myself, so I can join in, but not just yet :-)
    Looking forward to seeing what you cook up ;-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete