Thursday 26 January 2017

January Kaisercraft blog challenge

Last year I set out to start documenting our everyday family adventures using pocket pages. Unfortunately I failed miserably and only managed a double page spread for January and a couple of random pocket pages made for challenges. I'm hoping to catch up on my 2016 album before we get too far into 2017 so I was delighted when I saw that the Kaisercraft January Blog challenge was about making pocket pages.


For this challenge I made a double page spread about my brother's wedding in September last year, using a patterned papers, stickers and collectibles from the Something Blue collection and some coordinating Captured Moments cards.


Here's a closer look at the left hand side:


And the right hand side:



I actually chose two sets of four from the bingo board because I couldn't make up my mind:

QUOTE, DOUBLE SPREAD, A SPECIAL EVENT, BLACK + WHITE PHOTOS ONLY
STITCHING, CONFETTI POCKET, PATTERNED PAPERS ONLY, TYPED JOURNALING

For the quote criteria, I used Captured Moments cards with quotes and added a quote from the Something Blue sticker sheet. I thought this was was perfect given the message on their cake:


I also 'quoted' the bride and groom by typing up their vows (for the 'typed journaling' criteria) and printing them on patterned paper (for the 'patterned paper only' criteria).


For the 'stitching' and 'confetti pocket' criteria I made 4 mini confetti pockets using 3x4 journalling cards (cut from a 12 x 12 sheet), circles punched from patterned paper, plastic sheeting from a page protector and my sewing machine.


I am going to try and get another one done by the end of the month as I have a nice collection of Kaisercraft Captured Moments cards just waiting to be used and a whole lot of other months to catch up on!

Kat

1 comment: