Sunday 29 January 2017

January D-lish Scraps challenge

Yesterday I had a productive scrapbooking day and managed to make a few pages for a album about our holiday to Hamilton Island late last year. One of the pages I made was for the D-lish Scraps January Inspiration Board challenge.

When playing along with the D-lish Scraps challenges I usually try to incorporate the sketch too, but for this month I decided to focus on the fresh colours. I also wanted to play with my newest papercraft tool - a WRMK fringe and score board.  I started by making a fringed background using some patterned papers that matched the colours, inspired by the painted corrugated iron wall in the challenge graphic.


I also had some D-lish Scraps dip-dyed tags that were a perfect match for the colours in the Inpsiration Board that I wanted to use, so I let those guide the design of the rest of the layout. Here's what I came up with:


The frame was made using a cut file from the cut shoppe which I thought worked well with the trio of tags. I also found some peach flamingo die cuts in my stash, and added some flair and enamel dots in the colours.


I love these colours together and think I'll use them as inspiration for another project. I also think I'm going to need another 10 packets of these awesome tags!

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment