Friday 13 January 2017

Scrap the Girls January challenge

Today I'm sharing a layout I made for the January Scrap the Girls challenge. The challenge for this month is to make a layout inspired by this beautiful mood board.


The images and quote remind me of a holiday we took to Bali about 7 years ago so I scrapped a photo of me taking a break during a white water rafting adventure just outside of Ubud.


I've used papers from a few different Heidi Swapp collections that match the colours of the moodboard and added a large foiled doily in the background using a Kaisercraft stencil, some minc reactive paint and blue foil (to match the foil blue of the tealight holder in the mood board).


I found some large metal mandalas that I thought were a perfect match for the designs in the henna and lanterns. These embellishments have been floating around in my stash for ages so it was nice to put them to use. I also fussy cut some flowers from a another sheet of Heidi Swapp patterned paper, which I thought were a good match for the lotus flower candles.


For the title I added a glitter covered wood veneer which nicely sums up how I felt at the time - happy, relaxed, enjoying the moment. I'f love to go back there and do it all again someday.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. This is a great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with us at STG XX

    ReplyDelete