Sunday 8 April 2018

Drawstring playmat

I've got one more finish to share from my quarter 1 list of proposed finishes. One of my longest running WIPs is a Moxie quilt that I started several years ago using prints from Tula Pink's Acacia collection.


It had been on the back burner for so long because I wasn't sure what to use for the outer pieces. However, I had a brain wave one day and realised that I could turn it into a drawstring playmat for my little ones.


If I were to make this again I would add a second gap to the casing (so you can pull the drawstring from two sides) but I'm otherwise really happy with how it turned out.


I'm so glad to have finished this long-term WIP and to have made something useful out of the precious prints.


All in all, I managed to finish 8 out of my 14 proposed finishes for quarter 1. Although I didn't hit my goal, it's been my most productive quarter to date. Here's hoping quarter 2 is even more productive!

Kat


3 comments:

  1. Very very clever idea; so practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And even prettier with that baby on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun idea! Congrats on the finish! And on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for finishing along with us.

    ReplyDelete