Friday 13 April 2018

April Jot Magazine challenge

My scrappy mojo seems to have gone AWOL since I fell down the quilting rabbit-hole, so this year I thought I'd participate in the 100 day project and commit to spending a little bit of playing with paper each day for 100 days. Whether it's working on a layouts, pocket pages, greeting cards or tags, or handmade embellishments, or just a few minutes of paper play in the car on the way to work, I hope that I can rekindle my love of papercraft through daily practice.

To get me started, I thought I would play along with the Jot Magazine April challenge. Their stunning moodboards are always great for getting the creative juices flowing.


The grey and yellows and the different fabrics in the moodboard made me think of some photos that I took of my children last year, so I made a double page layout documenting these.


I thought that the quilt that the babies are lying on was a good match for the colours and textures in the moodboard. I also added a few pops of pink (in different shades), and some black and white stripes to match the other moodboard elements.


The whole time I was playing with this colour palette I couldn't help think that it would make a great colour scheme for a quilt. I finally gave into temptation and pulled out some fabric to match. I think this will become the basis for this year's beehive quilt (thanks for the inspo, Kim!).


I love how one craft can inspire another. Hopefully the urge to quilt doesn't take over again and I'm able to stay on track with my 100 day papercrafting project.

Kat


2 comments: