Thursday 26 April 2018

April Kraft+ Challenge

Today I'm sharing a layout that was inspired by this months Kraft+ challenge.


It has been aaaages since I joined in the Kraft+ challenge but this one was an easy one for me to decide what to scrap about: my little sister's wedding.

For the 'something old' I've used an older Kaisercaft paper collection, which is actually called 'Something Blue'. I used a couple of blue bits and pieces from the collection as well, just to make sure the 'something blue' criteria was well and truly covered ;)


For the 'something new', I used a 'new' (previously unused) stencil to add a bit of detail to the background. The 'something borrowed' critera was a little harder but I think I've covered it three ways; 1) the design of the layout was borrowed (scraplifted) from this layout I saw on instagram earlier this week, 2) the lace was borrowed (re-used) from the wedding invitations and 3) the vellum elements were borrowed from another collection (I'm normally a one collection per project kind of gal so this is unusual for me).


I haven't added any journalling as this layout is actually for my sister's scrapbook and she'll add it later. She's not a scrapper herself (I am trying to convert her to the dark side) but has an album of pages my Mum and I have made for her (often at her request).

While I had the photos and supplies out I also made a couple of quick PL pages for my 2016 album.



I  still feel like I'm missing my scrappy mojo, but I'm hopeful that if I keep going with my 100 day project I'll eventually find it again.

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Wow with this layout and your PL pages I would not think you have lost your mojo, these all look wonderful.. I love the design of your layout, great layers and lovely photo. You have used the recipe criteria so well .. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page and what treasures you are creating for your Sister. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+ this month..

    ReplyDelete