Thursday 4 January 2018

Spirit Animal Geode quilt

Today I'm sharing a quilt that I finished last year: a Geode quilt that I made with a FQ bundle of Tula Pink's Spirit Animal and a few prints from one of her older lines.


You might recall that I previously made a Geode quilt earlier last year and be wondering why I would make the same quilt again. The simple reason is that I love this pattern. The block design is perfect for fussy cutting feature prints and it uses the perfect amount of fabric from a fat quarter (enough that you get a good feel for the print, while still leaving good sized scraps to play with later).


For this version I used a single background fabric, a pale sand-coloured star print from the Cloud 9 We Are All Stars collection. I thought it worked really well with the stars in the background of some of the Spirit Animal prints.


I quilted it in an all-over sharp stipple - my current go-to FMQ design. I love the texture that it gives the quilt, and how quick and easy it is to stitch.


I was hoping to get a more glamorous finished quilt shot but it turns out that 'quilts in the wild' shots are a lot more logistically challenging with three young children.


I'm linking up with the 2017 Finish-a-long Q4 linky party as this quilt was on my list of proposed finishes for Q4 (number 26).

Kat


jnj

No comments:

Post a Comment