Friday 19 January 2018

January Scrapbooking Top 50 challenge

This year I'm thrilled to be staying on the Scrapbooking Top 50 Aus Design Team for another year of fun challenges. For January we have a fabulous sketch challenge to play along with. You can find all the details on the Facebook page. We are also trialing loading entries to our Facebook page instead of the blog this month to see if that makes things easier for everybody.


For my Design Team example, I made a layout about the difficulties in taking photos of twin babies. I started with the mixed media background, but scraped big lines or acrylic paint rather than the splatters pictured in the sketch. I also moved the smaller cluster from the top left to the bottom right, but hopefully you can still see the bones of the sketch on my layout.


I really liked the way my background came out so I kept the embellishments minimal to let it shine. I also didn't want to take away from the photos too much - just look at those facial expressions. Priceless!


This weekend looks to be a scorcher in Melbourne so I'll be locking myself in the craft room and playing with paper - anything that doesn't involve turning on the iron. I hope you find some crafty time too.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. It is a gorgeous page. Love all the design elements you have used.

    ReplyDelete