Wednesday 31 January 2018

January Beehive blocks

This year I'm participating in a couple of quilting bees. Not only are they a great way to connect with other quilty peeps, they encourage me to work with blocks and colour schemes I wouldn't normally choose. They are also perfect because they provide the thrill of pulling fabric and making a new block, without having to break my 'no new projects' rule. These Double Star blocks were made for our January queen, @curlyquesue, who chose a refreshing colour palette of navy, emerald green and pale grey.




I've actually been thinking about using this block for my month as queen, but in a different colour palette. I'm not exactly sure yet, but I'm not queen until November so I've got plenty of time to make up my mind.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. These are great stars. Love the colour choices. I can see so many possibilities with this design.

    ReplyDelete