At the end of November I finally got around to sewing my snails together into a quilt top. I modified the layout of the pattern a little (e.g. by staggering the snails) to make it wide enough to fit our double bed. For the quilting I used a simple stipple because I thought that it resembled snail trails.
The quilt was an instant hit with my snail-loving 5 year old.
These guys didn't seem to mind it either.
It's now a frequent feature on our bed, where it sets the perfect scene for Sunday morning sleep-ins (if only our babies would get the message).
I'm linking up with the 2017 finish-a-long quarter 4 linky party as this quilt was number 8 on my list of proposed finishes for Q4.