Saturday 11 February 2017

The Beehive Quilts - February block

This month for the Miss Beehavin Beehive Swarm our February Queen (Josephine) has selected the Checker block in aqua and mustard, with block cross bars and a low volume background. Luckily for me, aqua and mustard are some of my favourite colours and are quite plentiful in my stash :)


After spending hours raiding my stash for different prints (and making a huge mess in the process), I finally got around to making a block:


I also made a few (nine) extra blocks because Josephine is planning to use her bee blocks to make a boys quilt for the Very Snuggly Quilts program.


I'm planning to drop them off in person at tomorrow's Charity Quilt Making Day. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of my lovely Instagram friends in real life!

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Love these blocks, and really love your fabric pull. I don't think I would have put aqua and mustard together but it really looks great.

    ReplyDelete