Wednesday 15 February 2017

February ARTastic challenge

The February mid month reveal is now up on the ARTastic challenge blog. Our inspiration for you this month comes from this quirky painting called Carousel Delight by Karen Pierce.


The challenge for this month is to create a project inspired by this month's artwork, and to include the additional criteria of BUTTERFLIES.

For this challenge I chose to make a birthday card. I included lots of patterned paper inspired by the carousel theme, such as music notes, tickets and a marbled paper with lots of movement. I also chose papers in colours that matched the artwork.


I used my electronic cutter to cut a butterfly background cut file from vellum and a larger butterfly for the centre of the card. I stitched down the centre of the butterfly and folded up the wings to give the card some dimension. For embellishments I added a butterfly sticker, a tassel and some gold enamel dots - all inspired by the artwork.


Head over the the ARTastic challenge blog for all the details and lots more DT examples. We hope you can join us this month.

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment