Saturday 7 July 2018

Frances Firefly quilts

I'm a little bit behind in sharing some of my recent finishes on my blog but now that the quarter 2 finishes linky for the 2018 finish-along is open, I thought I'd better catch up.

Two of the projects on my list of proposed finishes for quarter 2 were a pair of Frances Firefly quilts for my little ones. I started them last year, hoping to have them done before they were born. However, the angled piecing proved to be too much for my late-pregnancy baby-brains and I abandoned the projects in favour of simpler quilts.

This year I managed to get them finished at about 11pm the night before their first birthday.


These quilts were made from the Frances Firefly pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and a jelly roll from her paintbox basics collection. I love making them coordinating items from the same collections in different colourways (as you can probably tell from their mum-made rompers).


Here's a full shot of the one I made for my little man, Gregory.


I'll share a full shot Harriet's one in my next post.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt and done before the clock struck midnight, great job! Congratulations on your beautiful finish and thanks for participating in Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete