Monday 9 July 2018

Farmer's Wife mini quilt

It's school holidays at the moment and my older son has been spending a bit more time with me in the craft room. While he's not quite ready to learn to sew, he is full of suggestions for what I should sew next. One of his suggestions was a quilt for his little sister's dolly.

I have a big pile of half finished projects and a long list of proposed list of finishes for quarter 2, so it was very easy to put together a little dolly quilt.


These blocks were made about 2 years ago as part of a Farmers Wife quilt along I joined but quickly fell behind in. I think one of the reasons I ran out of enthusiasm is that I approached the blocks without any plan for the colours or style, and found that they weren't working well together.

I do love sampler quilts though and may even try the Farmer's Wide sampler again one day. But not before I fulfilled a few more sewing requests from my little guy, including a new pair of space pajamas.

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! What a nice way to spend time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a wonderful finish and, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete