Wednesday 5 April 2017

Sunday Stash - 2/4/17

Last week's Sunday Stash is my haul from  a visit to Amite Textiles last Saturday. It's a bit out of the way (about 40 minutes drive from home) and I'm trying to be on a fabric diet, but the lure of a 30% off storewide sale was too strong. I also wanted to pick up some of Jen Kingwell's patterns that hare on my quilty bucket list. Here's what I came away with.


Angie from Gone Angel has announced that she's hosting a Gypsy Wife sew-along later this year and I'm hoping to join in. I also picked up a copy of the Long Time Gone booklet because I saw an almost finished version at a sit and sew day recently and fell in love.


While I was in store I also selected some prints for an upcoming bee block. Our May queen (Eleri) has asked for the Wanta Fanta block in a crazy riot of pink, navy and mustard. I'm normally a monochromatic tone-on-tone girl so there aren't a lot of multicolour prints in my stash. I'm not sure if these quite fit the bill (you can check out Eleri's sample block here), but hopefully they are a step in the right direction.



Finally, I grabbed a few more low volume prints because a) they were 30% off and b) you can never have too many low volume neutrals. I'm hoping to use these to make a scrappy Starry Sky block for the April Honey Pot Bee.


Hopefully fabric-dieting will get easier with practice because I totally failed last week :)

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment