Saturday 30 November 2019

Denim + Denyse Free Whirling Single Girl Quilt

Over the past few months I have been participating in the 2019 Free Wheeling Single Girl QAL, hosted by the pattern designer, Denyse Schmidt, The Next Stitch and Sewtopia. I couldn't decide between using my Denyse Schmidt scraps or my Carolyn Friedlander scraps, so I started two different versions.

I managed to finish the quilt top of my DS version in time for the end of the QAL and have recently turned it into a completed quilt.


For the backing and binding I found a few older DS prints in my stash that worked well with the denim I used for the background.


I quilted it with my walking foot in a design inspired by the sectioned curves from a bluprint class with Jacquie Gering and attached the binding using big stitches in a perle 8 thread.


I'm linking up with the 2019 Finish-along Q4 finishes link-up as this quilt was on my list of proposed Q4 finishes.

I now just need to give it a wash and it will be ready to gift to my new niece or nephew, who is due to arrive in the next fortnight!

Kat


1 comment:

  1. Love the quilting! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete