Thursday 9 January 2020

Rainbow popsicle quilt - bright version

The 2019 Finish-along Q4 finishes link-up closes in less than 24 hours and I've got a few finishes to catch up on. so get ready for some finished quilt spam!

The first finish from my list of proposed Q4 finishes is a bright version of the Rainbow Popsicle quilt, a pattern I tested for Jemima of Tied With A Ribbon.

 
 For this version I simplified the pattern, using a single large piece (without the stripes) for the popsicle. The fabric I chose for the popsicle part has a slight shimmer to it. which reminds me of lemonade icypoles.


The background fabric is a mix of tone-on-tone solids from my stash. I love how it looks like a pride flag, especially in this pic of my husband trying to hold the quilt top up in the wind.


I finished it with some simple serpentine quilting with my walking foot and bound it with some classic black and white stripes.


This pattern is such a quick make - you can go from a fabric pull to a finished quilt top in just 2.5 hours. And I can say this confidently because I repeated the experiment - details in the next post.

Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment