Friday 15 November 2019

Origami quilt

Earlier this week my quilty friend and pattern designer super star, Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts, released her lastest quilt pattern: Origami. I was lucky to be one of the quilt pattern testers and made a large bed version for my mum (the only person in my family I hadn't made a quilt for yet).


I used a mix of fat quarters and quarter metre prints from the Satsuki 2 Collection by Robert Kaufman to make my blocks. I love how the blocks are cleverly designed to look like a double-sided piece of origami paper. They also come together super fast.


The pattern also includes an optional paper-pieced crane block, which I placed right in the centre.


The quilting took forever but I am really pleased with how it turned out, and how well it suits the theme of the prints.


Head over to Alyce's blog to pick up the pattern and see what the other Origami pattern testers made.

I'm linking up with the 2019 Finish-along Q4 finishes link-up as this quilt was on my list of proposed Q4 finishes.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment