Tuesday 29 May 2018

Ombre gems quilt

Today I'm sharing my finished Ombre Gems quilt, which I made using a jelly roll of Ombre fabric by V&Co and the Ombre Gems pattern by Emily Dennis. I shared the finished quilt top a few weeks ago but I've since finished it up and am currently snuggled up underneath it.


For the quilting I went with an overall sharp stipple. I really love this design; it's quick and easy to quilt, the irregularity of it allows you to easily avoid bulky points and it gives the finished quilt a really nice texture. The multiple 'crease' lines also make the quilt really soft, like a piece of paper that has been crumpled up a heap of times.


For the binding I couldn't go past a black and white stripe. This particular one is from the Handmade collection by Bonnie and Camille.


I tried to get some outdoor quilty photos while out walking with my family one afternoon. This time Mr. 5 decided that he would take the photos while I held the quilt. While none of his photos were keepers, my husband managed to snap this while wrangling two small babies and two large dogs.


I'll link up with the 2018 quarter 2 finish along when it opens as this was on my list of proposed finishes for quarter 2. I'm so happy to have another WIP from last year finished. Only about 40 to go!

Kat



1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt! And a stripey binding...love too! On behalf of the FAL crew, congrats on your finish and thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete