Wednesday 31 May 2017

Sunday Stash - 28/05/17

I missed last week's Sunday Stash, but for good reason. Rather than adding to my fabric stash, I made two new additions to my family. Gregory and Harriet arrived early Sunday morning after going into early labour during Saturdaynightcraftalong.


For this week's for Sunday Stash (hosted by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts) I'm sharing some gifts that I received while in the maternity hospital this week; fabric from Mr Gray and beautiful flowers from my beautiful family and friends (I also received chocolates but they didn't last long enough to be photographed).

I'd found out from IG friends that Darn Cheap Fabrics had some Alison Glass Handcrafted prints in stock and was feeling a bit mopey that despite being less than 5 minutes away (I could just about see the store from the window in my room), it was impossible for me to get there. However, Mr Gray and his apprentice (our oldest son, Rupert) offered to add fabric purchasing to their repertoire and went on my behalf. They came back with these vibrant prints.


Not only did Mr Gray nail my preferred style, he also surprised me by picking up "some of those pearl bracelet prints you like". He must have been paying more attention to my fabric acquisitions than I thought :)



I also thought I'd share some of the beautiful flowers that I received. This pretty bunch was sent by my beautiful sister. It was very similar to last bunch of flowers I had received - also sent by my sister but for a different reason; as a gesture of love and support after a miscarriage (and many failed IVF treatments) last year.





A subtle but sweet reminder that all of our struggles were worth it and that perseverance pays off in the end. A group of friends also dropped by and delivered these pretty rainbow flowers to celebrate the arrival of our rainbow babies.


Here's a couple of pics of my rainbow babies on the quilts that I made for them.

Gregory Ernest Gray, born 6.45am 21 May (36 weeks 1 day), 2.75 kg, 49cm

Harriet Evelyn Gray, born 6.46am 21 May (36 weeks 1 day), 2.56kg, 50cm

It goes without saying that Mr Gray, big brother Rupert and I are overjoyed at their safe arrival.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Oh the twins are so adorable. Congratulations. I just now found your blog via One Monthly Goal. If there were a way to follow your blog, I'd do it. (Email, GFC, etc...) The Alison Glass fabrics are so pretty. I have been wanting some of those "bracelet prints" myself :)

    ReplyDelete