Wednesday 3 October 2018

Homeward Bound quilt

Today I'm linking up with the quarter 3 finishes linky party for the third quarter of the 2018 Finish-along and sharing my biggest finish for this quarter: my homeward bound quilt made using prints from the Botanique collection by Joel Dewberry.


I started this quilt several years ago when testing the pattern for Keera, but stopped about half-way when I realised that there was no way that I was going to be able to finish a 96" quilt on my tiny domestic machine. However, I'd been wanting to make a quilt for my sister and brother-in-law, and they have a super king sized bed, so I added this WIP to my list of proposed finishes for this quarter.


I've been sewing away in secret (my sister follows me on instagram, but hopefully doesn't read my blog :)) and finally finished it last week. I've now got a slightly bigger sewing machine and managed to FMQ it myself.


I can't wait to surprise them with it when they come to visit next month. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pictures too (they are experienced quilt holders :)).

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment