Wednesday 31 October 2018

A birthday quilt for Rupert

My little man turned 6 last weekend. As has been the tradition for the past few years, I spent the eve of his birthday finishing a handmade gift while my husband baked the cake (we are total last minute crafters).

 

Rupert is a big fan of all things space at the moment, so this year I made him a small version of the Milky Way sampler. I used prints from the Cloud 9 We Are All Stars collection for the front and a cool solar system print for the back.



We play to hang it on the wall in his bedroom above the bookshelf where he keeps his telescope and space books.


I'm linking up with the Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal finishes and the 2018 Quarter 4 finish-along, as this project was my goal for October and on my proposed list of finishes for this quarter.

Kat

3 comments:

  1. So cool, what a fantastic quilt. I have loved the Milky Way ever since that quilt along started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt and a superb photo location! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quilt for your son, so modern and bright! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete