Monday 8 July 2019

A new quilt for Harriet

My little ones are growing up too fast and have started to outgrow their cots. Bigger beds need bigger quilts so I've been busy working on a few toddler bed sized quilts.


For Harriet I made  a modified version of the Scrap Happy Rails quilt by Crazy Mom Quilts from her book No Scrap Left Behind. I upsized my blocks to 13.5" finished to get the finished size I wanted (41" wide, perfect for backing with a single WOF) and cut all my strips the same width so I could piece it more efficiently with strip sets.


I quilted it with a simple serpentine stitch with my walking foot and bound it with a B&W squiggly stripe. It was super fun and super easy to make. Plus, I think it's safe to say that she likes it.



I had enough strip-pieced sections leftover to make a second quilt, which I finished and dontated to the Very Snuggly Quilts Program. I'm linking up with the Q2 2019 Finish-along linky as this was one of my proposed finishes for this quarter.

I'm also linking up with the Elm Street Quilts July OMG and sharing my goal for this month: to make a quilt for her twin brother Gregory's bed. At the moment I'm leaning towards using this Mixed Bag layer cake that has been in my stash for ages. I think the bright colours will be a good fit for a young boy.


Kat






4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt and child. Your selection should probably be great for the twin brother too, will be back to check it out. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt - great colours and very much in the style of Crazy Mom! Am looking forward to seeing how the Mixed Bag turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and cheerful quilt! I'm sure your little will enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for linking up to Q2 of the Finish-A-Long.

    ReplyDelete