Thursday 18 July 2019

2019 Finish-along - Q3 proposed finishes

It's that time of year again - where I optimistically declare my intentions to finish all the WIPs and link some overly ambitious lists to the Finish-along linky :)

This quarter I've split them into two groups; the 'good chance of getting finished' WIPs and the 'not very likely to get finished' WIPs.

The first group includes some projects nearing completion and those that I have been actively working on recently.


Top left: Low volume plus quilt - this one is assembled and ready to baste
Top middle: Double dash quilt I'm testing for Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts
Top right: Freckles quilt - A project I started a long time ago
Middle left: Quilt block cook book sampler - I've made about 10 blocks and am thinking of making a smaller charity quilt
Centre: Shield maiden quilt - I quilt I started this year to get better at making curves
Middle right: Kinship fusion sampler - I'm trying to keep up with the 100 blocks in 100 days QAL and am on track so far
Bottom left: Alpine quilt - my bee project from this year
Bottom middle: Daydream quilt - my B&C bee project from last year
Bottom right: Double star quilt - my bee project from last year)

The next group are projects that I don't think I'm likely to finish, but want to list anyway (I like to keep my options open). They include some long term projects (e.g. EPP projects) and some boy quilts I'd like to make (for my boys and for the Very Snuggle Quilts program).



Top left: Ripples quilt made from upcylced denim
Top middle: Sunday morning quilt in pretty pinks that has been on my bucket list for a while
Top right: Broken Dishes quilt (pattern by Jen Kingwell) I'm making from scraps
Middle left: DS quilt - I've cut out a few hundred 3.5" squares of different Denyse Schmidt prints and am planning to make a quilt just like this one
Centre: Rose star quilt made from my stash of OOP Lizzy House
Middle right: Icecream Soda quilt (pattern by Tales of Cloth) I'm making from my DS scraps
Bottom left: A quilt from the book 'Growing Up Modern' using some robot fabric I've had in the stash for ages
Bottom middle: A space themed quilts using fabric and pattern by Cloud 9 Fabrics
Bottom right: Another quilt from the book 'Growing Up Modern' made in dinosaur prints

Last quarter I only finished three projects so I'm really hoping for a higher completion rate this quarter.

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are ALL really lovely. Even if you finish only a small portion you will have some real beauties! Good luck in Quarter 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color palettes! What a great list of goals and I can't wait to see them finished. Thanks for joining this quarter of the FAL.

    ReplyDelete