Friday 7 June 2019

I-spy quilt

A couple of weeks ago my twin toddlers celebrated their second birthday. I wasn't able to get it finished for their actual birthday, but I managed to finish their birthday quilt in time for the party a few days later.


The quilt is made of 121 economy blocks with a fussy cut animal in the centre. I've been referring to it as the 'Animalia quilt', after one of my eldest son's favourite books.


This quilt is intended to be used as a picnic quilt or playmat so I used a double layer of batting (for extra softness and warmth) and a bright green Rhoda Ruth Wide for backing (to help hide grass stains). For the binding I used by go-to black and white stripe, hand-stitched in place with big stitches.


I've really enjoyed working on this project for the last few months and it definitely won't be my last I-spy quilt.


I'll be linking up to the 2019 Q2 Finish-along linky when it opens, as this project was one of my proposed finishes for this quarter.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Super cool!! They will have hours of fun looking at the pictures (when not keeping you busy running after them - I bet it's busy with toddler twins!)

    ReplyDelete