Monday 31 December 2018

I-spy quilt

Just a quick post to link up with the Elm Street Quilts December One Monthly Goal and share my most recent quilty finish. My goal for November  was to make an I-spy economy block quilt for the babies room at the childcare centre that my two youngest have attended this year. I manged to finish it up the day before the end of year celebration.


For this quilt I made 6" economy blocks using a foundation paper pieced template. The centers of the blocks are different fussy cut animal prints, many of which were donated by my quilts friends. The outer prints are bright blenders and low volume prints from my stash.


I finished the quilt using a double layer of batting and a heavy linen for the backing. I thought that the extra weight would help the playmat lie nice and plat on the floor and the double batting would make it softer for the babies to lie on.


I'm still working on one for my kiddos, but I plan to take my time with it and perhaps finish it for their birthday in May (or more likely, next Christmas).

I'm also linking up with the 2018 quarter 4 finish-along, as this quilt was on my list of proposed finishes for this quarter.

Kat

3 comments:

  1. That is such a fun quilt top - love all those fussy cut centers! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! Yay for those down-to-the-wire finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and beautiful quilt. Inspiration for some of my scraps I think.

    ReplyDelete