Thursday 5 October 2017

Sunday Stash 1/10/2017 and October One Monthly Goal

It's been a while since I've linked up with Sunday Stash (hosted by Molli Sparkles) but this week I finally have a few spare minutes to share my latest stash enhancement: a fat quarter bundle of the new Spirit Animal collection by Tula Pink. I wasn't fussed by Tula's last few collections but I LOVE this one. I am especially excited by the return of the arrowhead prints - they were my favourite from in the Acacia collection. Harriet was pretty impressed too.


At first I wasn't sure what to make with these (or even to just hoard them forever) but when I saw that Alyce (of Blossom Heart Quilts) was hosting a Geode QAL I knew I had my answer. The Geode quilt uses 25 FQs so I swapped out the lightest arrowhead print and added the three diamond prints from Acacia to make it up to 25. I'm still mulling over background fabric choices - at the moment it is a toss-up between Lizzy House constellations and Cloud 9 stars.


I'm also linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal October Linkup as my goal for this month is to make at least half of the blocks  - I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the QAL but I can hopefully make half the blocks (babies and 4 year olds permitting).

Kat

3 comments:

  1. brautiful fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your Geode quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking joining this QAL too. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful selection of fabrics... I can see why Harriet is so entranced! Perfect time to start thinking about big girl beds... because you might have it finished by then :o)

    ReplyDelete