Wednesday 27 September 2017

September ARTastic challenge

I'm quite late in posting the September ARTastic challenge, but better late than ever, right? This month our challenge is to create something inspired by our feature artwork (Peter Graham's bright and vibrant painting called Monaco Coast) and to use paint.


I was inspired by the beach scene to scrap a photo of my boys at the beach. I've used watercolour paints in the background and have chosen colours that match the colours in the painting.


The inspiration for the paint work came from a lesson in an online class by Paige Evans. I used a large star shape as a mask and covered the background with a coat of gesso and splattered lots of different watercolours.  I usually avoid adding lots of mixed-media artist but I quite enjoyed this technique and am really pleased with how it turned out.


There's still a few days to play along with the challenge, and two great prizes up for grabs. I hope you'll give it a go.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment