Wednesday 9 October 2019

Double Dash quilt

Ooops - I just realised that I haven't blogged since the start of quarter 3, when I shared my list of proposed finishes for the 2019 Finish-along. The time has come to link up my finishes for the quarter, and I've got four quilt finishes to share.

The first is a Double Dash quilt that I made while testing the new pattern by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts.


I used a layer cake a Tucker Prairie by One Canoe Two to make the 15" block version. It was the perfect use for the layer cake as there was very little fabric wasted.


I has initially planned on mixing up my quarter blocks, but when I put my blocks up on the design wall I wasn't loving it.



I tried rearranging the blocks into colour groups and I was in love.



I finished the quilt with a simple diagonal cross hatch and bound with a coordinating print. How awesome if that backing? It looks like a million flying geese.


It's now been gifted to special friend who was in need of some quilty hugs.

Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment