Wednesday 9 October 2019

Demin ripples quilt

My Ripples quilt is one of my all-time favourite makes and so when Angie of Gnome Angel asked if I would test her updated Ripples pattern, I was thrilled to have an excuse to make another one.

This time around I thought I would try something different and use some up-cycled denim (from old pairs of jeans) with some pinks and yellows to make the 24" block.


The demin was a pain to work with but I was really pleased with how my test block turned out. I made three more and turned it into a small picnic blanket.



For the backing I used a heavier cotton print from IKEA that coordinated nicely with the blues. I thought the heaviness of it would make a better picnic blanket (warmer and more resistant to damage from being on the ground). It was also 60" wide and so avoided the need to piece the backing (a big win in my books).

I also experimented with the binding, using a metallic blue thread in a big running stitch to secure the binding.


It's already survived one trip to the beach so I have high hopes of it seeing lots of use.


I'm linking up with the quarter 3 finishes for the 2019 Finish-along, as this was on my list of proposed finishes for this quarter.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment