Wednesday 9 October 2019

Alpine quilt

My last quilt finish from my list of proposed finishes for quarter three of the 2019 Finish-along is the Alpine quilt I made for my son's upcoming seventh birthday.


I chose the Alpine block as my block when I was queen bee for my quilting bee earlier this year. I asked for demin blues and dirty yellows (mustards) as my son's current favourite colours are indigo and gold.


My lovely bee mates made me twenty one blocks in total so I only had to make a few more to have a nicely sized quilt for an almost-seven year old.


I used the very last of my IKEA number fabric for the backing (I really wish they would bring it back) and quilted it with straight lines through the white sections.


Now that I've finished my 2019 bee quilt I'm keen to finish my 2018 bee quilts. You can expect to see them on my quarter 4 list in a few days :)

Kat

1 comment:

  1. I so know that feeling. I finished the 2019 one and then went right on with the oldest bee project... I love the colors and your bee mates really made fantastic blocks. The quilt and your great quilting look awesome! I hope your son loves his new quilt xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete