Wednesday 6 March 2019

Wild Goose Chase quilt

I've got another recently quilt finish that I've realised I forgot to share here: my Wild Goose Chase quilt.


I started this quilt almost three years ago, when Keera of Live Love Sew put a call out for pattern testers for her new quilt pattern. I used a F8 bundle of Kate Spain’s Paradiso collection to make some test blocks.

I ended up making about half the blocks I needed for the quilt but ran out of time to make the rest before heading on a long overseas holiday. Instead, I used a few of the blocks to make a baby quilt.

The rest of the blocks have sat in my WIP pile since then, and the project has been regularly featured on my finish-along lists. I am so glad I actually got it done this time.


I was extremely fortunate to be the lucky winner of some long-arm quilting during a quilt along last year and sent the finished top off to Jane of Sew Inn to work her magic. It’s the first quilt that I’ve had professionally quilted and I have to say that I am in love with how smooth and consistent the stitching is. It certainly puts my FMQ to shame.


I think it looks especially pretty on the guest bed. The cushions are another recent finish, but I'll share more about them in the next post.


I'll be linking this one up with the quarter 1 finish-along when the linky opens, as this quilt was on my list of finishes for this quarter.

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment