Monday 1 October 2018

Numbers baby quilt

Last week my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Jackson. Before his arrival, my eldest son and I worked hard to make him a couple of baby quilts. One of the quilts we finished was a number quilt, made using the Spell it with Fabric pattern (from the Moda website) and some leftover jelly roll strips from a cute kid's collection.


I started this project a while ago, intending it to be a matching wall hanging to the alphabet quilt I made my son for his birthday a few years ago. However, I thought it would be much better used as a baby quilt (and also a quicker finish than starting a new project), so I added it to my list of proposed finishes for quarter 3 of the 2018 finish-along.


Rupert insisted that we make the numbers 1 through to 10, so I had to play around with different sashing widths to end up with a square quilt.


I used a print from an older Cloud 9 fabrics for the backing (I was pretty pleased with how well the colours matched) an quilted it a free-motion loopy design.


As with the other quilt for Jackson, we also made a matching mini for big sister's dolly.


My attempts at getting my boys to hold the quilts for a photo were a complete disaster, but a lot of fun.


We managed to the quilts washed, dried, bundled up, and in the post a few days before he was born.


I can't wait to be spammed with photos of Jackson on his quilts.

Kat

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Great fabrics, and I love the matching doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another finish! To make a doll quilt for the sibling is such a good idea...I must remember that!

    ReplyDelete