Wednesday 10 April 2019

A quilt for Baby

I've got one last-minute finish to share for Q1 of the 2019 finish-along - a mini quilt I made for my daughter's baby doll.

I've had these blocks floating around my sewing space for several years. They've made an appearance on several finish-along lists, including my list for this quarter.


I initially thought that they'd made a nice panel for a tote bag, but when we bought an IKEA doll's bed I thought that they'd be the perfect size for a doll quilt.


I also used the mini quilt as an opportunity to try a few new-to-me techniques; matchstick quilting and big stitch binding.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out and am glad to finally be able to cross this WIP off the list.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. That is a super sweet doll quilt! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete