Sunday 8 January 2017

Sunday Stash - 8/1/2017

For today's Sunday Stash I'm sharing a couple of new additions to my stash: a layer cake of Kate Spain's Grand Canal collection and a new pattern from Pen and Paper Patterns.


Despite owning a number of different layer cakes (double digits if I'm being honest), I have yet to make anything with one. This year I am going to try and change that and I'm planning to use the layer cake for the snail-paced slow-along with Angie of Gnome Angel. I think the luscious colours and large scale prints will work really well for the snail shells.


I've been super excited about this sew-along. There is a little man in our house who loves snails (thanks to the Dreamworks movie Turbo). I'm also looking forward to the slower pace. We're making one block a week over the next 42 weeks and there are exactly 42 squares in a layer cake (so there is no room for boo-boos). Here's my first snail block:


How perfect is that mosaic print? I love it when multiple hobbies combine!

Kat






4 comments:

  1. The snail is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep admiring at that snail pattern, Kat... I love it! And I love that you started with a purple block : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! I love the Grand Canal and have started a diamond quilt with a Jelly Roll! Snails are so cute; can i resist them?! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete