Tuesday 31 January 2017

January Honey Pot Bee block 2

This year I'm joining Molli Sparkles for the Honey Pot Bee, a quilting bee with a difference. In this bee you get to make all of the blocks for yourself.

Each month there are two blocks selected by the 'Queens'. The two blocks for January were chosen by Molli and Angie (Gnome Angel). I finished the first block earlier this month, but have only just has a chance to have a go at block 2, Ellison Lane's Starflower block.

I decided to make a super-sized version of the block, using 10" squares of coloured fabric instead of 4" squares.



I also used one square of each colour (because I only wanted to make one block) and cut the squares into triangles before sewing into HSTs (being really careful not to stretch the bias edges). I trimmed each HST to 9.5" square. As you can see, there was hardly any fabric wastage!



My finished block ended up at 36" square. I'm hoping to turn it into a baby quilt or wall hanging.



I'm pretty pumped for the release of February's blocks tomorrow!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment