Thursday 9 January 2020

Little Miss Sawtooth quilt

My final finish from my list of proposed Q4 finishes for the 2019 Finish-along Q4 finishes link-up is my Little Miss Sawtooth quilt. It's my favouite project from this quarter and I have about a thousand photos to share.


The quilt was made as part of the Little Miss Sawtooth sew along hosted my Melanie of Southern Charm Quilts and Havel's sewing. You can find all the tutorials for the cute sawtooth star blocks on the Havel's Sewing blog.


For this quilt I experimented with a softer, more muted colour palette than my usual brights, using a plummy colour for the outside stars.


For the blocks I had a great time fussing cutting some of my precious Heather Ross prints.


I also cut into some cute Cotton and Steel prints.


It's so hard to choose a favourite block...


But this one seems to be Gregory's favourite.


I just can't get over how pretty it is. I think this picture might have to become the wallpaper for my phone.


I managed to get it quilted on New Year's Eve after finding the perfect low-volume backing in Darn Cheap Fabrics. Harriet took care of the final User Acceptance Testing and gave it a big tick of approval.


Here she is in all her glory.


I can't wait to see more versions of this beautiful quilt as the sew along wraps up.

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment