Saturday 8 September 2018

September One Monthly Goal

The months are rolling by really quickly and it's already time to link up my Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal for September.

We moved house a couple of months ago but with three little ones and full-time jobs, unpacking is going really slowly. I'm setting up a new sewing space bit by bit and it's slowly starting to come together. I'm hoping to have it fully set up by the end of the month so my goal for September is to finish a project I've had on the go for ages; some fabric baskets to organise my smaller pieces of fabric.

I've made a prototype using my aqua scraps (using a modification of the sturdy fabric baskets by Lillyella), but still need to make another 14 or so. I've started making the patchwork panels for the next batch, and have been really enjoying the improv QAYG technique.


The next step will be a trip to Spotlight (the Aussie version of Jo-Ann's) for some more extra firm interfacing. I wonder how many other items I'll come out with :)

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Those baskets will be beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I think it is near impossible to come out of Spotlight having only bought the thing/s on the list - I always, always spot something else that I just have to grab! Love your basket!

    ReplyDelete