Thursday 4 January 2018

January ARTastic challenge

I'll thrilled to be joining the ARTastic Challenge creative team for another year. I really enjoy this challenge as it is not as prescriptive as other challenges (such as sketch challenges) - we accept ALL forms of papercrafting as entries from traditional paper layouts, mixed media work, project life spreads to digital entries.

As always, the challenge is to create a project inspired by the selected artwork. Our first inspiration for 2018 is this fantastic painting by Arthur Streeton called Beach Scene. Head over to the ARTastic Challenge blog for all the details of the January challenge.


For this challenge I was inspired by the scene in the artwork and the title, to create a project life spread about a recent visit to Bribie Island with my sister and her family.


It's a quick and simple page, but I'm glad to have the memory documented. One of my goals for 2018 is to do more scrapbooking, even if it's just a quick pocket page. I didn't do much papercrafting last year, and on reflection I think it was because I felt intimidated by all the amazing work out there with lots of layering, mixed media and intricate cutting. Perhaps one day I'll have more time to create detailed works of art, but for now I'll just focus on getting memories documented (and perhaps making a dent in my overflowing stash of papers and journalling cards).

I hope you'll be inspired to play along and create a project that captures a memory from one of your vacations.

Kat





No comments:

Post a Comment